4148 Wesley W. Posvar Hall
- BA, History, The College of William and Mary
- MA, African American Studies, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- PhD, African American Studies, Temple University
Public Service (National/International)
- Specialist Reader for MELUS: Multi-Ethnic Literature of the U.S.
- Editorial Board member for Africalogical Perspectives
- Executive Council member for DISA (Diopian Institute for Scholarly Advancement) which produces the annual Cheikh Anta Diop Conference in Philadelphia, PA
- Book Review Editor for Africana Studies: A Review of Social Science Research
- Executive Committee member for the annual Black Religion and Spirituality Conference of the Department of African and African American Studies, Michigan State University
- College Language Association (CLA)
- National Council for Black Studies (NCBS)
- Diopian Institute for Scholarly Advancement (DISA)
- Member of the Board of Editors for the Journal of Black Studies
- Literary Pan-Africanism: History, Contexts, and Criticism (Carolina Academic Press, 2005).
- Literary Spaces: Introduction to Comparative Black Literature (Carolina Academic Press, 2007).
- "Communicating Race and Culture in the 21st Century: Discourse and the Post-Racial/Post-Cultural Challenge," Journal of Multicultural Discourses, 5, no. 1 (March 2010): 54-63.
- "The Emergence of Sankofa Practice in the United States: A Modern History," Journal of Black Studies, 41, no. 1 (September 2010): 127-151.
- African World Literature
- Afrocentric Cultural and Literary Theory and Criticism
- Black Cultural Mythology
- Intersections of History and Literature
- Theatre of African Americans and the Diaspora